When Nvidia makes investments in AI startups, it’s almost certainly a fantastic thought to sit up and get be aware: The GPU maker has effectively enabled modern day AI in quite a few techniques, and so it’s almost certainly noticed the gamut of opportunity apps of its technology more than the many years, and ought to know far better than most what is likely to perform out and what is not. 6 new corporations have garnered not only attention, but funding from Nvidia, by way of its GPU Ventures expense arm.
These contain corporations from all more than the earth, with various company and sector focuses, including retail analytics, knowledge mining, autonomous vehicle growth, voice-driven interfaces, climate forecasting and professional medical imagery. The diversity of unique uses is almost certainly at minimum partially strategic, because it does a fantastic work of exhibiting off the fantastic selection Nvidia’s technology has in terms of opportunity apps in this expanding subject.
Nvidia also has a new web page committed to GPU Ventures, including a entire checklist of its existing portfolio, and a file of preceding investments that have because had successful exists.
Here’s the new checklist of corporations joining the GPU Ventures ranks. Optimus Ride is a business with promising technical expertise that ought to be revealing a lot more about its item before long, and SoundHound’s AI pivot is an interesting twist in that startup’s comparatively storied historical past:
- ABEJA – Tokyo-based startup centered on AI-driven retail analytics devices
- Datalogue – New York AI knowledge-mining platform designed out of Cornell University
- Optimus Ride – MIT spinoff establishing absolutely autonomous vehicles
- SoundHound – Silicon Valley startup making voice-enabled AI solutions
- TempoQuest — Boulder, Colo.-based startup accomplishing GPU-accelerated climate forecasting
- Zebra Health-related – Israeli-based startup utilizing AI to read through professional medical photographs